Tuesday, February 1, 2011

1st Feb, or 2nd day in Vietnam!

there were lots of roadside shops similar to this that sold some random stuff. no idea what they were but most prob New Year goodies bah...

Happy Lunar New Year - Tet!

one of the most commonly seen fruits everywhere in the run-up to Tet - watermelons...



no idea what this place is but i stopped here to camp only to...
 saw this place (the above 2 pics) that looked nice so i went in and asked them if i could sleep there. they said ok, no prob so i went to set up my tent and started cleaning my bike, writing my diary etc...
suddenly, another older guy (their boss/senior/random dude) came over and told me that i couldnt sleep there! sian... so late then tell me. now alr like 5+, gonna be 6pm. sky alr gonna get dark then u tell me. wat a prank... anyways, couldnt possibly stick around there since he alr told me to leave so i quickly packed up everything and left to find another spot to sleep for the night. it was my 1st night in Vietnam and alr i encountered problems with places to sleep. wonder if i will have more problems along the way...

But then, turns out that him chasing me away was a blessing in disguise! i travellled about 1 km down the road and found a nice little shelter behind a petrol kiosk to sleep in hehe =D they invited me into their shop-cum-resting place to shower and wash up as well
jus behind the petrol kiosk

the guy at the petrol kiosk cooked me noodles with pork ribs and egg in a rice cooker.

he kept insisting on giving me his egg and lots of meat, so i ended up eating 2 eggs, few pork chunks and lots of noodles.

the friendly dude who made me the noodles in the morning when i woke up =D
haha 1st night and seems like vietnam is gonna be a great trip! hopefully i get more noodles and food from nice strangers =P

No comments:

Post a Comment