Wednesday, February 16, 2011

16th Feb, crazy climb to Dalat, 1475m.

while cycling thru Lien Nghia, a small town bout 30km away from Dalat, this random dude on a scooter suddenly drove beside me and started to talk to me. after a whirlwind chat with random hand gestures and certain words to indicate where i was going, he asked me to stop at the road intersection down the road for lunch. i was hungry anyway so i stopped and had lunch with him. lunch was quiet cause he couldnt speak eng and i couldnt speak vietnamese (besides the basic words to get me thru...) went for coffee at a cafe later after that, where i showed him some photos of my trip. 

after some time at the cafe, he called one of his fren, and then after hanging up, he would say some english phrases( his fren could prob speak english and helped him to translate what he wanted to say) after several phone calls, he asked me if i wanted to stay at his place in Dalat city. Great! i was planning to find a place to stay in Dalat anyway, and this is just perfect. Got his address and number and bidded farewell and promised to call him when i reach Dalat city. he refused to let me pay for lunch and coffee so jus had to accept the free meal bah! =D


huh?! btw i am not even halfway there...

finally reached Dalat city! climbed all 1500m of it to the top & it was FREAKING shag... stopped for at least 10 times on the way up (uphill climb was about 10km if i didnt rmb wrongly) and the 1st time i actually had to stop and eat my dry rations (biscuits and dried fruit chips) cause i was very exhausted and not because i was greedy.
anyway, will talk more bout the place i stayed in Dalat later on, but for now, some other random stuff of Dalat City =D
hum cheem peng stuffed with rice, pork floss, pork strips, random condiments for a filling meal =P

 my host,Tri, (whom i met on the road in Lien Nghia) brought me around Dalat city to sightsee and i felt really bad cause he brought me to the place and asked me to visit the place while he jus waited outside with the motorbike. sorta like hiring a motobike driver for the day. really nice cause we spent the whole day visiting places on the bike and he didnt complain or seemed angry when i took a long time at the place... he jus smiled and seemed happy to bring me around.
the crazy house in Dalat is really crazy!
 the rooms in the crazy house were each of a different theme - bear, peasant, giraffe, tiger etc... you could stay there for a night as well if you wished to and the price was about 30USD if i didnt rmb wrongly...
enter my Bear Room at your own risk!

Dinh Bao Dai, the summer palace of King Bao Dai. we had to put cloth wrappings over our feet, so as not to stain the floors.


Tri, the nice guy on the motorbike who invited me to his place in Dalat and brought me around to sightsee!
 Anyway, it turns out that Tri stays in a guesthouse in Dalat and it seemed like it belonged to his fren. his fren's mom asked me for my passport to record some details and asked me to sign some piece of paper with my details. everything was in vietnamese and i was wondering if it would be some scam where they ask me to pay at the end when i left. everything turned out fine and it was jus for registration purposes!

the family who runs the guesthouse that i stayed in. the guy on the right was Tri's fren whom he called in the afternoon and he could speak little conversational english.
the family that runs the guesthouse! had lots of nice meals with them in the guesthouse. his sis was also very nice and gave me a pouch that she made by hand when i left. too bad i am not exactly looking for a galfren now... hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment