Monday, December 27, 2010

Phra Saeng

hmmm...

waffles done the old sch way with charcoal

min chiang kueh - pandan, peanut, and some werid veggie like popiah?


help me top up the highest grade fuel pls.

saw this beautiful house and went in to talk with the 2 ladies. really nice women who kept smiling LOL

all carved out of wood. no idea what wood though, damn nice

dun run away!

scam them into helping me take photo though their photography sucks!

haha kena conned. couldnt escape in time. somehow they were so afraid of letting me take their photo...

 I went to this small provision shop and asked to borrow the toilet. after using the toilet, i realised that actually the place was pretty nice so i asked for permission to sleep outside the shop. after setting up my tent, i think a dozen or more kids came to play around and started shouting "Singapore! Singapore! hehe. haha" think i make a really good ambassador.
Anyway, the lady manning the shop (owner i presume) started to offer me ice-cream and water and food. refused everything cause i didnt want to impose on her too much. then she started making some calls to a few friends and eventually got to this thai man who could speak chinese. passed the phone to me and asked me to talk. conversation went sth like this... (in chinese of course)
Man : wat are you doing here?
Alvin: er i am planning on staying the night here.
M: (said some other random crap which i forgot) can you reach Surat Thani by today? I have a house there that you can stay in.
A: er not really. its getting late and dark and Surat Thani is pretty far. Dun think i can get there. anyway, dun wanna bother you as well uncle.
M: hmmm ok you go pack up your stuff, my fren stays there. he will come and pick you up and bring you to his house.
A: er ok... Thanks!
notice the 3 guys sitting behind.
 Shortly after, this 3 men arrived and started to drink beer and eat roasted meat. 1 guy came to talk to me a little and i explained to him that i didnt understand thai and i wanted to sleep the night there. the guy in orange-striped shirt had a pistol on the bench beside him and i casually asked if he was a policeman. he looked at his frens and started laughing. in fact they were all laughing though i didnt noe why. he said no but didnt tell me anything else. hmmm... if you are not a policeman, then wat the hell are you doing with a gun? GG... come to think of it, the old man on the phone did sound a little like a triad boss or sth. even had frens over here with guns.
Packed up my stuff anyway and followed a plump man down the hill and made right turn into his house. strangely, i had noticed this house on my way just now and thought it was a really big compound. went in and was asked to set up my tent in some hut.

before.

& after! i hope the thai king protects me from whatever bad guys these ppl are.

His dad invited me for dinner as well. dun worry, he was alot more friendly than this photo.
 Later in the night, saw the lady shop owner and turns out this is her house! so all this while she was trying to invite me to her home but i jus couldnt understand her. had to call her chinese fren to translate for me before i could understand and come to her home.
had free food, shower & lodging...
the man who brought me to his house with his nice white car. i really thought he was from the triad initially because the car was really beautiful. unlike anything in that village i have seen so far.

the lovely lady shop owner.khop kun kup.

haha hes some government worker, though no idea what he does... should be pretty big i guess. his house and car were pretty decent and he nvr even go to work at 8+am when i woke up the next day.

still smoking and slacking around at 9am when i left.

No comments:

Post a Comment