Monday, January 17, 2011

17th Jan, 1st day in Cambodia! 2539km

Cambodia

1st meal in cambodia, baguette for 3000riels. which was a little more expensive than in other places.

1st day in cambodia and i am a rock star alr! there were at least 2-3 dozen ppl jus standing around me while i did my stuff. really pai seh to even do anything...

1 of the kids didnt want to take a photo with me so i asked him to be the photographer instead!

the monks gave me a huge bowl of porridge in the morning which had everything in it. rice, kuay teow, beansprouts, pig intestines, squid, shrimp, chicken, and lots of other crap. i would have finished it but the smell of the "xiang cai" was really too disgusting and i tried my best to eat most of it. really appreciated their kind gesture though...

they caught a big bug and were very proud of it. no idea if they were gonna play with it or go and fry it to eat later. hmmm

the monks that hosted me =D

Kim Long, the monk whom i learnt Khmer from.

bringing me around the pagoda to visit.



there were alot of these all over cambodia. self-created vehicles for transportation and carrying goods. runned by a really loud motor/engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment